THE INAUGURAL RETHINKING EDUCATION CONFERENCE
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17TH, 2022
TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE
Would you like to present or run a workshop? Apply below – deadline June 30th
WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT?
This will be an education conference with a difference.
Too often, the education debate is dominated by a few powerful voices. The perspectives of young people, parents and carers and classroom practitioners are often overlooked and underrepresented.
This conference will be an opportunity for people from all walks of life to come together – to share ideas, to listen to one another and to figure out how we can change the education system so that it works for all young people.
We aim to attract roughly equal numbers of attendees from each of the following five groups – and to ensure that voices from each of these groups will be equally heard throughout the day.
- Mainstream educators
- Alternative educators
- Parents and carers
- Children and young people
- Education reformers: researchers, psychologists, policymakers, consultants, union representatives…
The organising committee also includes people from each of these groups.
The conference will feature a range of sessions:
- Keynote speakers
- Presentations (face to face and online)
- Circle time sessions
- “Hot takes”
- Networking opportunities
- And much, much more!
Confirmed keynote speakers to date:
- Yumna Hussen (Youth MP for Birmingham)
- Sir Tim Brighouse (Author, About Our Schools)
- Dr Naomi Fisher (Author, Changing Our Minds)
- Mick Waters (Author, Thinking Allowed on Schools)
- Dr Debra Kidd (Author, A Curriculum of Hope)
The event will be 100% accessible by wheelchair.
Saturday September 17, 2022, 9am to 4.30pm
Addey & Stanhope School
472 New Cross Road
There is a small number of tickets available for young people to attend for free, should you require it.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SPEAKER APPLICATION FORM:
Look forward to seeing you there!