LET’S GET TOGETHER!
THE RETHINKING EDUCATION CONFERENCE 2022
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17TH
SPEAKER APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
RISK-FREE BOOKING: FULL REFUND IF CANCELLED DUE TO COVID
THIS WILL BE AN EDUCATION CONFERENCE WITH A DIFFERENCE
Everyone is affected by education in some way. But education conferences are often not hugely representative of the wider world. In particular, the voices of young people, parents and carers and classroom practitioners are often overlooked and unheard.
This conference will be an opportunity for people from all walks of life to come together:
- To have your voice heard
- To learn from other people’s perspectives
- To create an education system that works for *all* young people
WHO IS THIS EVENT FOR?
We aim to attract equal numbers from each of the following five groups – and to ensure that, as far as possible, these five groups will be equally represented on the platforms:
- Mainstream educators
- Alternative educators
- Parents and carers
- Young people
- Education reformers
HOW WILL MY VOICE BE HEARD?
You don’t have to do a talk to make your voice heard. Alongside the keynote speakers and presentations, the conference will feature a range of inclusive, interactive sessions and activities:
- Circle time sessions
- Panel discussions
- “Hot takes”
- Organised mingling
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS TO DATE:
- Sir Tim Brighouse (author, About Our Schools)
- Yumna Hussen (Youth MP for Birmingham and author, Struggles of War) *
- Mick Waters (author, About Our Schools, Thinking Allowed on Schools) *
- Dr Debra Kidd (author, A Curriculum of Hope) *
- Prof Neil Mercer (author, Interthinking)
- Dr Naomi Fisher (author, Changing Our Minds) *
- Prof Ian Cunningham (author, Self-Managed Learning and the New Educational Paradigm)
- Meena Wood (author, Secondary Curriculum Transformed) *
- Dr Kulvarn Atwal (author, The Thinking School) *
- Sarah Seleznyov (Headteacher, School360)
- Dr James Mannion (co-author, Fear is the Mind Killer)
The keynotes (* above) will be live-streamed in collaboration with STEAM Co.
AN INCLUSIVE EVENT
There is a quota of free tickets available for young people and parents/carers, should you require it. We don’t want money to be a barrier to attendance at this important event.
The event will be 100% accessible by wheelchair.
Saturday September 17, 2022, 9am to 4.30pm
Addey & Stanhope School
472 New Cross Road
SPONSORS / EXHIBITORS:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you there!